Monday 14 November 2011

show november 7th

Sorry to have missed this blog but my computer had MAJOR problems which Paul Farmer kindly sorted over a weekend. Thanks to him for that.
Sandra from St Agnesbrought tales of her mother and life in London in the sixties forworking class people.
It mademe think of my lovely grandparents and their scullery and outside toilet which they shared with Rose who lived upstairs in her flat. Times have changed in my lifetime. Their rooms were stuffed with furniture and they had an ancient gas fire and a bureau that took up the whole wall. They kept chocolate init and we children, me and my brother, would stare and stare at this bureau willing them to give us chocolate! I was nasty to their cat Whiskey, pulled his tail so I'm told so he avoided me. The things you remember! It was great to have her stories on the show and the usual mix of music from our favourite local artista, Les Merton and  Kelly Pritchard.
http://www.archive.org/details/DoTheWriteThing04Nov2011SandraGreen

No comments:

Post a Comment