Tuesday 9 August 2011

my work stuff

Here are some of the things I am currently engaged on and an exciting lot of things they are too. No work at the school at the moment as they are all on holiday but come the autumn the kids will be doing the Christmas concert.The older kids put on a fantastic version of the Mikado last term. Some of them I have taught drama for years and they are now leaving school. I hope they continue their drama and dance as they are all so talented.  Speaking of the dreaded word, Christmas, I've got a new production of "A Christmas Carol" coming up with one of my community groups which is going to be brilliant judging by all the scenery and costume ideas.
The Keay theatre is going to be the venue for "our Summer Holiday". Earlier this year, we had the show "Pirates" there and what an occasion it was with real life Pirates from Charlestown doing a spot and a capacity crowd. Great stuff!
One of my community groups are raising money for children in need in October with their live juke box and next February are off to the Keay with their pantomime, "Peter Pan".
The singing group, "Emantees" are hoping to get out to the old folks again having wowed the crowd at Royal Cornwall Show and hopefully are making an  appearance at the Falmouth Oyster festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment